This triple chocolate cake is INCREDIBLE. It’s quick and just requires one dish! This handmade chocolate cake recipe comes together in minutes and is very delicious. There is no cake mix in this recipe; it is completely handmade and filled with chocolatey delight.
Hello there! Before you browse, there’s a lot of vital information in this article!includes the FAQ section, which may help you with any queries you have regarding this recipe. Enjoy!
Let’s get started with the components in this one.
- INGREDIENTS FOR THE ONE BOWL TRIPLE CHOCOLATE CAKE:
- MIXING METHOD FOR THIS CAKE:
- TIPS & FAQs FOR THE ONE BOWL TRIPLE CHOCOLATE CAKE:
- SUPPLIES & TOOLS USED TO MAKE THIS CAKE:
- One Bowl Triple Chocolate Cake
- What is triple chocolate cake made of?
- What’s the difference between devil’s food cake and chocolate cake mix?
- Why is it called crazy cake?
- Why did Costco stop selling all American chocolate cake?
- Why is it called Devil cake?
- What are the three chocolates in triple chocolate?
- Is Red Velvet Cake the same as Devil’s Food Cake?
- Why is angel cake different?
- What’s the difference between black forest cake and chocolate cake?
- What is jail cake called?
INGREDIENTS FOR THE ONE BOWL TRIPLE CHOCOLATE CAKE:
Of course, there’s chocolate, but we’re using three distinct types, thus the term triple chocolate cake.
cacao powder The cocoa powder provides the bulk of the chocolate flavor. You’ll be using unsweetened cocoa powder, not Dutch cocoa powder.
Chocolate baking bar without sugar This increases the chocolate taste without increasing the sweetness.
Chocolate chips, mini This is when things become interesting. We’re amping up the chocolate taste even more by using micro chocolate chips. Instead of using full-sized chips, which would sink to the bottom, use tiny chips to keep them afloat in the cake batter.
I also chose plain all-purpose flour over cake flour since I believe most people have it on hand because, honestly, if you want to make a fast cake in one dish, you probably don’t have a lot of fancy ingredients or the time to go out and purchase fancy ingredients, right?
We ARE putting hot water or coffee to this, but don’t worry, you won’t be able to taste it.It only seems to enhance the taste of the chocolate.
MIXING METHOD FOR THIS CAKE:
This one’s mixing process is a bit different. I had to put on my thinking gear in order to get this all mixed together in one dish.
With this one, we’re doing things a bit differently and using a modified creaming process, which I describe in the recipe card below. Don’t worry, it’s not complex. We’re trying to preserve our sanity by combining everything in one dish, so why complicate things?
TIPS & FAQs FOR THE ONE BOWL TRIPLE CHOCOLATE CAKE:
- I simply used my hand mixer for this one, but if you have one, you can use it as well.
- Make careful to melt the chocolate and butter ahead of time, as directed in the recipe, so that they can cool somewhat before adding the rest of the ingredients.
- You should choose unsalted butter rather than salted butter or margarine.
- What if I don’t have any vanilla bean paste on hand? That’s OK; you may use the same quantity of vanilla extract.
- Make certain you use unsweetened cocoa powder. I used Hershey’s chocolate. Also, be certain that you are not utilizing the Dutch processed variety. There is a distinction.
- The hot coffee enhances the chocolate flavor, but the cake does not taste like coffee.You won’t even notice it’s there. If you don’t have coffee or can’t bear the thought of adding it, just use very hot water instead. However, do not completely eliminate the liquid.
- If you can’t locate small chocolate chips, you may use standard sized chocolate chips and break them up with a rolling pin in a big ziplock bag, or add them to a food processor and break them up. Then, to coat, mix them with a tablespoon of flour. This may assist them not sink as far.
- It’s OK if you don’t have small chocolate chips and don’t want to add them. You may omit these if necessary. They do provide a little more chocolate flavor and moistness to the cake, but they aren’t necessary.
- As usual, take care not to over-mix. (By over-mixing, I mean that after you’ve added all of the ingredients to the bowl, you don’t need to stir the batter for several minutes since that’s too lengthy. Simply mix until everything is combined.)
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit for this cake.
- These cake layers will bake with a bit of a dome on top and perhaps a few cracks. Simply disregard it. It doesn’t injure anything, and if it bothers you, you can simply level off the top with a knife or cake leveler.
There are affiliate links in this post. I earn money as an Amazon Associate by making qualifying purchases.
SUPPLIES & TOOLS USED TO MAKE THIS CAKE:
- Large Glass Mixing Bowl
- Hand Mixer
- 8 Round Cake Pans
- Cooling Racks
- Large Icing Spatula
- Double Chocolate Buttercream Recipe
***I write recipes in volume (cup) measures since that is what people in the United States are accustomed to seeing and using. Click the metric button beneath the ingredients in the recipe card to get weight in metric measures. The weights are converted by a software, not by me, and the results are an educated approximation. Please keep in mind that while I prepare recipes in cups, I cannot guarantee that weighing the components will provide the same results.
One Bowl Triple Chocolate Cake
- 4oz unsweetened chocolate baking bar (melted and slightly cooled-see directions below)
- 1cupunsalted butter(2 sticks)
- 2tablespoonvegetable or canola oil
- 3large eggs
- 1teaspoonvanilla bean paste(or vanilla extract)
- 2cupsall purpose flour
- unsweetened cocoa powder (rather than dutch cocoa powder)
- teaspoonbaking soda
- 1teaspoonbaking powder
- 1cuphot coffee(or hot water)
- 1 cup semi-sweet or milk chocolate tiny chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Set aside two 8-inch round cake pans that have been greased and floured.
- Place the baking chocolate bar in a large microwaveable mixing dish and break it up. Microwave for one minute, stir, and then microwave for another minute and stir. If it isn’t melted, microwave in 20-second intervals, stirring after each, until it is.
- Once melted, stir in 1 cup (2 sticks) butter. It’s a good idea to chop the butter up before putting it to the bowl. (You could also just melt the butter in another bowl, but this would result in a two-bowl cake rather than a one-bowl cake.)
- Stir the sliced butter into the melted chocolate until it is completely dissolved. If the butter needs additional time to melt, place it in the microwave for a few more seconds until completely melted.
- Set the mixing dish with the chocolate and butter aside to cool somewhat. When you add the remainder of the ingredients, it should be closer to room temperature. (You may chill it for approximately 15 minutes before stirring.)
- When it has reached room temperature, whisk it again and add the sugar and oil, mixing thoroughly on medium speed for a few minutes. Scrape down the bowl’s sides.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time on medium until barely incorporated.
- Scrape the sides of the basin and mix for a few seconds more.
- Mix in one cup of the flour until barely mixed on medium speed.
- Mix in the milk and vanilla essence until barely blended on medium speed.
- Mix in the remaining flour (1 cup), cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt on medium speed just until combined. Scrape down the sides of the basin and mix for a few seconds more. Avoid over-mixing.
- Mix in the hot coffee or water with an electric mixer on medium speed until well mixed. Avoid over-mixing. Mixing for many minutes is excessive.
- Fold in the little chocolate chips using a rubber spatula or spoon.
- Pour into prepared pans and bake for 55-60 minutes at 325 degrees.
- It will have a dome and will break somewhat on top, but don’t worry about it. If desired, level the tops of the cake layers with a knife or a cake leveler.
- Cool the cakes in the pans for approximately 15-20 minutes before turning them out onto a wire rack to cool fully before coating with buttercream or freezing them.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- Chocolate Butter Cake
- Double Chocolate Buttercream
- Red Velvet Buttercream
- Milk Chocolate Chip Cake
- Double Chocolate Black Forest Cake
What is triple chocolate cake made of?
This cake has three chocolate cake layers and is topped with chocolate buttercream, chocolate ganache, and chocolate whipped cream.
What’s the difference between devil’s food cake and chocolate cake mix?
Home chefs, recipe creators, and restaurants don’t often recognize the distinction between a Devil’s food cake and other sorts of delicious chocolate cakes, thus your mistake is acceptable. The reality is that using cocoa powder and a touch more baking soda makes Devil’s food cake richer, darker, and fluffier.
Why is it called crazy cake?
What are the components in Wacky Cake? This chocolate cake gets its name from the manner it is combined in the pan it will be cooked in, as well as the fact that it contains no eggs. After mixing the dry ingredients, three holes are created and vanilla, vinegar, and oil are inserted in each of the holes.
Why did Costco stop selling all American chocolate cake?
It’s not the same chocolate cake they used to make. It’s unclear why Costco hasn’t brought back its iconic All-American Chocolate Cake, which was discontinued in 2020. The Covid-19 epidemic was the reason they chose to stop this dessert.
Why is it called Devil cake?
Cake with the Devil’s Food
There are many hypotheses as to how the name came to be. First and foremost, it is the sumptuous equivalent of angel food cake. Two, it’s delectably wonderful. Finally, devil’s food cake arose during a period when foods that were spicy, rich, or dark were referred to as deviled, such as deviled ham and deviled eggs.
What are the three chocolates in triple chocolate?
Simple and delicious triple chocolate fudge squares prepared with three distinct varieties of chocolate (sweet, semi-sweet, and unsweetened). There are affiliate links in this post.
Is Red Velvet Cake the same as Devil’s Food Cake?
The batter for Devil’s food cake is usually made with coffee, sour cream, or water. Red velvet cake uses tangier flavored liquids such as buttermilk or vinegar. Because of the varied liquids, Devil’s food cakes contain more moisture, resulting in a more soft cake than red velvet.
Why is angel cake different?
It differs from other cakes in that it has no butter. The whipped egg white gives it an aerated feel. Angel food cake developed in the United States and rose to popularity in the late nineteenth century. Its airy and fluffy texture earned it a distinct reputation, as did its name.
What’s the difference between black forest cake and chocolate cake?
What makes black forest cake different from conventional chocolate cake? Black forest cake is a chocolate cake containing cherries in the batter, filling, or both, often topped with whipped cream and chocolate ganache.
What is jail cake called?
Nutraloaf (also known as meal loaf, prison loaf, disciplinary loaf, food loaf, lockup loaf, confinement loaf, seg loaf, grue, or special management meal) is a kind of food offered in US prisons to convicts who have misbehaved, misused food, or caused injury to themselves or others.