A moist and tasty banana bread cooked with butter, cinnamon, brown sugar, and, of course, wonderful bananas. To obtain the maximum taste, use exceptionally ripe bananas. The ideal snack or treat for your family, as a present, or to enjoy on your own.
Hello there! Before you browse, there’s a lot of vital information in this article!includes the FAQ section, which may help you with any queries you have regarding this recipe. Enjoy!
- Let’s talk about some of the ingredients in this banana bread:
- Mixing method for this bread:
- Tips and FAQs for Making the Moist Delicious Banana Bread:
- Supplies & Tools Used for this Bread:
- Moist & Delicious Banana Bread
- What makes a bread soft and moist?
- How does Paula Deen make banana bread?
- How do you keep banana bread moist?
- Why does my banana bread taste dry?
- What is the secret to moist bread?
- Does oil or butter make softer bread?
- Is baking soda or powder better for banana bread?
- What is the purpose of baking soda in banana bread?
- Why is my banana bread dense and not fluffy?
- Should you cover banana bread when baking?
Let’s talk about some of the ingredients in this banana bread:
Mashed Bananas: This recipe calls for 3 medium bananas (1 cup). Obtain them when they are quite ripe but not rotting. These have the greatest taste.
Cinnamon: This recipe contains just a trace of cinnamon. Just enough to provide a sense of heat.
Granulated and brown sugar: This recipe calls for both granulated and brown sugar. I prefer the addition of brown sugar since it gives flavor and richness to the bread.
Vegetable Oil & Melted Butter: This recipe contains both vegetable oil and melted butter. The vegetable oil will bring moisture, as would the butter, but it will also offer a toasty buttery taste.
Nuts or Chocolate Chips: I didn’t include these to the banana bread I made, but feel free to add walnuts, pecans, or micro chocolate chips to yours.
Mixing method for this bread:
Quick breads are one of the simplest kinds of breads (or cakes) to create. There aren’t many materials required, and they’re simple to prepare.
Simply combine the dry ingredients in a mixing dish, stir, and put aside. Then, in another dish, combine the liquid components, mix them, and then add them to the dry ingredients.
However, there are a few things you need do first in this recipe. You should add a tiny bit of vinegar or lemon juice to the milk to allow it to settle, and then melt your butter.
Don’t worry, I cover everything in the recipe card below.
Tips and FAQs for Making the Moist Delicious Banana Bread:
Three bananas will be mashed for this bread. Simply use medium-sized bananas.
They will give the most flavor to your bread.
You may ripen your bananas quicker if you place them in a paper bag and seal them. However, keep an eye on them every day.
Yes, you may make this bread using frozen bananas. Bananas may be frozen by placing them in a freezer bag. When freezing them, you may peel them or leave them in the skins. Before using them, defrost them. The bananas will be mushy, which is good.
If you don’t have brown sugar, you may use granulated sugar, but the brown sugar adds a nice depth of flavor.
If you can’t get unsalted butter, use salted but leave out the extra salt indicated in the recipe.
When you add the melted butter to the batter, you don’t want it to be too hot.
You may also use buttermilk for the vinegar or lemon juice in the milk.
Just be sure to wrap it well with plastic wrap. This bread will stay covered in the fridge for many days. After a few days, place it in the fridge to keep it fresh.
Yes, just wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and then foil. It will keep frozen for approximately a month. Set it out on the counter to thaw, but keep it in the wrappings until completely defrosted.
That is just the nature of fast bread or sweet bread. It’s all right, and you didn’t do anything wrong.
This is known as fast bread, and it does not need yeast. In addition to eggs, the leavening ingredients in this bread are generally baking soda or baking powder (or both).
There are affiliate links in this post. I earn money as an Amazon Associate by making qualifying purchases.
Supplies & Tools Used for this Bread:
- Large glass mixing bowl (similar)
- Measuring spoon set (similar)
- Hamburger masher (for mashing the bananas)
- Rubber spatulas
- Loaf pan
- Cooling racks
Ok lets get to the recipe!
***I write recipes in volume (cup) measures since that is what people in the United States are accustomed to seeing and using. Click the metric button beneath the ingredients in the recipe card to get weight in metric measures. The weights are converted by a software, not by me, and the results are an educated approximation. Please keep in mind that while I prepare recipes in cups, I cannot guarantee that weighing the components will provide the same results.
Moist & Delicious Banana Bread
- 2cupsall purpose flour
- 1 teaspoonbaking powder
- teaspoonbaking soda
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 3 medium extremely ripe bananas)
- cupgranulated sugar
- cuppacked brown sugar
- cupvegetable oil
- cup melted unsalted butter (if using a stick of butter, ensure sure it is not hot when added)
- 1 cup milk (with 1 teaspoon lemon juice or white vinegar)
- 2teaspoonvanilla extract
- 2large eggs
- cupchopped walnuts or pecans(optional)
- 1cupmini chocolate chips(optional)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Set aside a 9-lb loaf pan sprayed with nonstick spray. (If you don’t have a big loaf pan, see the notes.)
- Allow the cup of milk to rest with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice or vinegar while you prepare the batter. (Alternatively, use buttermilk and leave out the lemon juice or vinegar.)
- Melt half a stick of butter (cup) in a small basin and leave aside.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a large mixing basin. Set away after thoroughly whisking.
- Mash the bananas in a separate dish, then add the granulated sugar, brown sugar, oil, melted butter (not too hot), milk combined with lemon juice or white vinegar, vanilla essence, and eggs. Whisk everything together well.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients and well combine with a spoon. Avoid over-mixing. Only mix until all of the ingredients are well combined. It’s OK if there are a few little lumps in it.
- Pour the batter into the sprayed loaf pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 1 hour and 5 minutes for dark coated pans and 1 hour plus 15-20 minutes for lighter or disposable pans. A toothpick put into the middle will emerge with a few wet crumbs or clean, but no liquid batter.
- Cool the bread in the pan on a cooling rack for approximately 15 minutes before turning it out and letting it cool fully on the rack.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and let aside overnight before serving. (This last step is optional, but it allows the flavors to meld.)
Other Posts You Might Like:
- Hummingbird Cheesecake Topped Cupcakes
- Banana Pudding Cake
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cake
What makes a bread soft and moist?
How To Make Soft And Fluffy Bread:
Bread Flour is preferred above all-purpose flour.
Perform the Windowpane Test.
Proofing at the proper temperature.
Instead of measuring cups, use weights.
Maintain vigilance over your oven.
How does Paula Deen make banana bread?
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat a 9×5-inch loaf pan with flour baking spray.
In a large mixing basin, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the banana, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla extract.
Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
How do you keep banana bread moist?
Place a paper towel in the bottom of an airtight container to keep it fresh. Place the loaf of banana bread on top, cover with another paper towel, and close the container. This approach may also be used with an airtight storage bag.
Why does my banana bread taste dry?
Moisture is essential in banana bread, and the flour-to-banana ratio makes all the difference in achieving the right banana bread consistency. If you use too much flour, your banana bread will be very dry, and if you use too little flour, your banana bread will be much too moist.
What is the secret to moist bread?
Fats help to keep your bread moist. If your loaf was too dry, add another tablespoon or two of oil the next time you prepare it. Similarly, water does more than just hydrate your dough. It aids yeast in its work, activates gluten, and decides the volume of your loaf—all of which are critical for good outcomes.
Does oil or butter make softer bread?
Baking with oil not only needs less effort and creates fewer dirty dishes than baking with butter, but it also results in soft, moist baked products that improve with age and have an exceptionally extended shelf life.
Is baking soda or powder better for banana bread?
Is it possible to bake banana bread without using baking soda? If you want a fluffy texture in your no-baking soda banana bread, you’ll need a decent leavening agent. Baking powder is the finest baking soda substitution for banana bread, but there are many other options.
What is the purpose of baking soda in banana bread?
Baking soda functions as a leavener, which aids in the rising of the banana bread. A sprinkle of salt improves the overall flavor but does not make the loaf taste salty.
Why is my banana bread dense and not fluffy?
The more you mix your banana bread batter, the more gluten develops in the bread, which is fantastic for a yeast-risen, chewy loaf but not so good for a tender, soft fast bread. A thick, chewy loaf of banana bread will result from overmixing the batter.
Should you cover banana bread when baking?
Bake banana bread for 55 to 60 minutes in one pan or 45 to 55 minutes in two pans at 350°F. When a wooden toothpick inserted towards the middle comes out clean, the bread is done. Cover the bread loosely with foil for the final 15 minutes of baking to avoid overbrowning.